We are a leading supplier for NSF certified activated carbon in South Africa. We manufacture activated carbon to the following specifications.
Wood-Based Activated Carbon
Wood-based activated carbon is a cost-effective solution for a wide range of applications like deodorization, decolorization, water purification, air purification and recycling.
|Plus Size||5-8% max|
|Minus Size||5-8% max|
|IV||700-900 mg/g min|
|MBD||0.275-0.325 mg/g min|
|Grades||8X30, 12X30, 8X16, 4X8, -200|
1. Decolorization: Wood carbon is commonly used for the decolorization of various food items. This includes different fruit juices, beverages, and edible oils. Apart from this, wood carbon is also used for the decolorization of pharmaceutical products.
2. Water Purification: One of the most common uses of wood carbon is purification. This ranges from air and gas to water purification. This includes groundwater purification, portable water purification cans, etc.
3. Air Purification: Wood activated carbon filters are widely used for air purification. This is used motorcycle carbon cans, at home air purifiers, organic waste gas treatment, etc.
4. Recycling: Another important use of wood carbon is the recycling of organic solvents. This includes acetone in the cellulose acetate industry, carbon disulfide for the production of Viscose Staple Fiber, etc.
5. Deodorizing: Wood-based carbon is also used for deodorizing within the food and beverage industries. The activated carbon filters are used for ventilation in cold storage. This prevents contamination between different product odors.
Our wood-based GAC is certified to NSF 61 standards.
Coconut-Based Activated Carbon
|Plus Size||5% max|
|Minus Size||5% max|
|IV||1150 mg/g min|
|Apparent Density||0.480 g/ml min|
|Grades||6X12, 8X30, 12X30, 8X16, 4X8, -200 etc|
1. Drinking Water Purification
Purification of portable drinking water in in-home water filters and industrial filters. Activated Carbon is an essential component.
2. Air Treatment
Removal of potentially harmful components from the atmosphere.
3. Effluent Water Treatment
Removal of contaminants from industrial and muncipal waste water. Also, the treatment of contaminated ground water.
4. Biogas Treatment
Removal of H2S, siloxanes and other VOCs from biogas and biomethane streams.
5. Food and Beverage
Decolorization and purification of various food products, decaffienation of coffee and tea, debittering, food coloring etc.
Activated carbon cloth is used in wound dressings, odor control masks and filters.
7. Personal and Collective Protection
Protection against toxic gases both in warfare and industrial areas.
8. Other Applications
Further applications of activated carbon include protection of archives and ancient artifacts by adsorpsion of harmful airborne contaminants and pollutants, maintenance of aquariums, ponds and swimming pools, and filtration of smoke in cigarettes.
GET IN TOUCH