Activated Carbon for Medical and Pharmaceutical Applications
Activated carbon is used highly effective adsorbent that has various applications in the medical field. Medical applications require a high level of purity and quality which Kajah Activated Carbon can provide. We can supply specialized activated carbon to meet the most stringent quality requirements.
Activated carbon is used in a variety of applications in the medical field. These include:
- Refining of high-grade medicines (including API) which requires the
removal of color taints.
- Control of escaping anesthetics in operation theaters, so that they are not inhaled by the medical team.
- It is used as antitoxin to treat over-consumption of stimulants or poisons.
- It helps with digestion
- It is used in ostomy care as a de-colorizing agent.
- Activated carbon cloth is used in wound dressings, odour control masks and filters.
Activated carbon is a crude form of graphite which has a highly porous structure with pores of various sizes. It has a large number of cracks …